Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dad

I wish I could fill this post with pictures of my dad and me from when I was younger. I know there are a lot of good ones in photo albums at my parents house...in MN.
I was thinking about my dad on the way to work yesterday and how our experience with this pregnancy might be affecting him. I haven't seen him since the morning before our appointment when we found out our baby is anencephalic. He had left for MN just before our appointment.
While I was driving to work I started thinking about how my dad will be as a grandpa or "pops" as he likes to call himself : ) And tears instantly came because he would be nothing short of amazing. I know him as a dad, uncle, son, and a brother and he is the same crazy, loving, silly, genuine, honest, Godly man in all of his roles. You can spend minutes with him and he will make you feel like you've been friends for a lifetime.
I am so sad this child will not get to know my dad as a grandpa. Quite honestly I'm afraid my dad and mom won't get to meet our baby before he/she passes away, if at all.
But this child won't get to create memories like I have of my dad from when I was a child.
 Love you dad!!
                                                              the best parents get promoted to by SlightImperfections on Etsy, $35.00
                                                                I got the image from Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. I've started and stopped trying to comment at least 100 times. Words can't convey how I feel about you. It's as if I was born to love you. You make it that easy. I am so proud of the woman you've grown to be. Please know we are praying for you and Jason. I love you! Pops

    ReplyDelete