Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's the weekend!

I absolutely love weekends!
I love the routine that Jason and I have developed over the short time of our marriage. Friday's are usually low key (who am I kidding our entire weekends are low key), maybe go out to dinner or cook at home and then watch a movie or catch up on some shows. Be jealous. Saturday's are lazy, sleep in, drink some coffee while watching Ellen (LOVE her) recorded during the week. Saturday afternoons are usually spent cleaning, we each have kind of picked our "jobs" and do the same thing every time. In the evening we run errands or spend time with family or friends. Sundays! I look forward to Sunday mornings all week because of the cinnamon rolls waiting in the refrigerator. When I was growing up I remember eating Pillsbury cinnamon rolls before church every Sunday...I don't know how many years we did that for but it is a memory that I love and have adopted for us. We are trying to be better about going to church...we used to go often. And then school, grad school, house projects got in the way of our relaxing and Sunday mornings just seemed too hard to be motivated to get up and get to church. With the news of our sweet baby we knew we needed God's support/words more than ever and the people's support that we go to church with.  Sunday afternoon is usually lunch with the in-laws and a few friends fro m church. I usually end up grocery shopping late Sunday afternoon and then relax as much as possible before I have to drag out my school bag and figure out what fun activities I can do with my little firsties for the week. Thanks to Pinterest lesson planning has gotten easier and more fun.

This past Thursday marked my 18th week of being pregnant and I have been feeling good lately. I am still wearing my normal clothes. I have been trying really hard to feel the baby's movement. People are giving me all these different things to feel for because at 18 weeks the baby's bones aren't hard enough to physically feel the movement from the outside of my tummy. So every moment of gas, indigestion  nausea I think it's the baby moving : )

This Saturday will be spent writing my final paper for a grad school class that is ending this Tuesday. Jason is downstairs putting another coat of "Gentle Rain" on the walls. And tonight hopefully we'll be having dinner with my in-laws and my oldest brother in-law. It was both Jason and Brett's birthday in the last couple of weeks so it will be a belated celebration. I am hoping my future sister in-law will be joining us. I have only met her once. They are not engaged yet, but I am waiting.... : ) Brett get moving!!

On Friday the belly looked like this.
And the pants looked like this...
I am not ready for maternity pants mentally yet so I am using a hair tie to hold the button closed. Otherwise my normal pants still fit!

Happy weekend!!

P.S. Jason made a comment about finding grammatical errors in my posts...I don't care. If you care about grammatical errors you may not want to continue reading this blog because it will happen again and again. : )

2 comments:

  1. Shelby love, we must get some pants for you �� we love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom just sent me a link to your blog, (Calliegh teaches 1st grade now too btw) but this post gave me the best memory of the cinnamon rolls that Spring lake Park used to serve after the service! So thank you so much for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete