Thursday, March 7, 2013

20 weeks

I am sure most moms to be are excited to hit 20 weeks, find out the gender, half way to meeting their baby, wearing more maternity cloths.
All I can say is that I am 20 weeks. I am not excited that I am half way "there". I am not all that excited to be wearing maternity clothes...well at least having them hang in my closet. I think I have moved into the bitter stage of grief. I have amazing people in my life who have been doing amazing things for me and Jason since we found out we are going to lose our baby. There is a group of people that work with my mom that have all contributed way too much money to help me buy maternity clothes. I am beyond grateful and really can't find the words to appropriately thank them. I went shopping last weekend and got quite a few maternity outfits...for the most part I didn't mind the shopping part. I wasn't congratulated a lot, I wasn't asked too many questions about my baby, those things helped. I was able to laugh at myself when I wore true maternity pants for the first time.
The following day I was off from school for a holiday, cleaning out my closet making room for my new clothes was really hard. I was just reminded that I have to clean out my closet and wear maternity clothes but I don't get the end result. There is no happy ending to all of this. I cringe at the thought of someone saying, "well, it'll all be worth it in the end."
I am enjoying watching my tummy grow, that has been kind of fun.

I haven't told my class that I am pregnant yet, tomorrow I will be doing that. This week I have gotten bored of trying to find really lose outfits to hide the bump, so I have been wearing what I want and have been carrying around random objects to hold in front of me.


On the bright side I received two gifts at school today...one from a student and one from a friend. I'll let you guess which is from who...
                                                         toilet paper and Edible Arrangements


Yes, one of my first graders gave me half of a roll of t.p. "Good morning Mrs. H! I brought you something." I had no idea how to respond...I am hoping this is because I told the class we are running low on Kleenex's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment