Friday, May 10, 2013

this and that

Take a look at this!!
In case you don't know why you're looking at my legs...yesterday my feet and ankles were very swollen. You couldn't see any bones in my feet, all my toes were squished together and my ankle bones were gone.
Mind you, I had to take my students to the zoo the next day (today) and was already worried about walking all day. I tried some compression socks last night while going to bed...they didn't stay in place so I ended up just taking them off. This morning my ankles looked much better but my feet were still swollen. I decided to jam my blimp feet into my tennis shoes for the field trip and hoped I'd still have circulation in a hour. Well, I got home this afternoon afraid to take my shoes off;  my feet are back to normal!! My ankles and calves are swollen!! You can see the indent line going around my ankles where my shoes stopped. I couldn't believe it.

ah the joys.

The zoo we went today is in Madison, WI which is a long drive for first graders so we took coach buses and brought movies. I don't know who we thought we were kidding, our first graders can't watch a movie for the life of them. They talked through the whole dang thing!! And the conversation of first graders is so...I don't even know the word for it. Example: "oooh look a water tower!!" followed by 49 "oooh a water tower!!, look a water tower!" I didn't know water towers were exciting. And then I hear "Mrs. H! Mrs. H!" What was so exciting?? Walmart. One of my students saw a Walmart. It just cracked me up.

1 comment: